Jambalaya:
Cook up 1 chopped onion, 1/2 green pepper in oil, add 8 oz sliced smoked sausage, 2 cups water, 1 cup rice. Bring to a boil, simmer covered for 15 minutes (Or longer if using brown rice- 45 minutes). Add 8 oz peeled shrimp. Simmer 5 more minutes or until shrimp is cooked. Put it in a covered dish.
This is one of our favorite dinners. I got the recipe off the back of the Safeway rice bag. The smoked sausage gives a really good flavor to it. I get the shrimp at Costco, and I like to have 2 different sized of shrimp in there. I get some really small shrimp and some medium sized shrimp and keep what I don't use this time in the freezer.
My husband doesn't like anything spicy so I use mild salsa. I do like a bit of spice, so I add crushed red peppers (the same kind I add to my pizza) to my bowl. I serve it with crusty bread. (I serve everything with crusty bread from the Best Bread Recipe Ever.)
This is one of those meals that tastes even better the next day as a leftover. I even eat it cold because it's so good I can't wait for it to warm up in the microwave. It's also good for potlucks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment