Thursday, January 1, 2009

My Roomba


I got a Roomba for Christmas! He's working a lot better than I expected. He cleans up the Cheerios the babies drop on the floor which I normally step on and track all over the house. I really like that he cleans under the couches and my bed. (I've never vacuumed under my bed.) So far I give him a B+.

I've heard other Roomba owners give their Roombas names. I used to think that was going a little too far, but now that I have one I can see how he could be thought of as a pet. So far he doesn't have a name, but I'm thinking something Star Trekky or Science fiction-like to go along with the "Robot cleaning my house" theme.

The 2 year old doesn't like him, but I think he's growing one her. She used to run away crying but now she watches cautiously while hiding behind something. And when he's all done and goes back under the hutch to recharge she comes in to tell me that "the robot is sleeping." The 1 year old seems indifferent to him, except when he picked up the goldfish cracker that she was reaching for. She was annoyed, but moved on quickly to the nearby cheerio. (Yes, I let my baby eat things off my floor... Don't judge.)

2 comments:

  1. wow that is a cool new toy! I supposed R2D2 is too cliche'-- have you picked a name yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No name yet. We're trying out "Captain Kirk" but nothing has stuck yet. I told Chris we should get to know his personality before we give him a name. (That was a joke, it's a robot.)

    ReplyDelete