This is my most recent quilt. I made it for a friend having a baby girl. Her nursery colors are pink and teal, so I made this to match.
The pattern is a Double Irish Chain. I saw a picture of one in a book a while ago and copied it. I like it because it's all square pieces- triangles are tricky. It's a good one to assembly-line together on the sewing machine.
I'm not great at the actual "quilting" part, I like the "piecing" part better. To hold the layers together, I just make little stitches every block or so. So maybe this would more accutately be called a blanket that I pieced together. Whatever you call it, it was fun to make and it's a lot better than my earlier attempts.
I love that you can buy blanket binding- I made my own the first few times. What a pain! Anyway, here it is. You can click on the picture for a closer view of all the flaws.
No comments:
Post a Comment