Friday, April 17, 2009

I am so mad.

Some evil critter has destroyed one of my rhododendrons. It was the biggest one in the yard, and last year it had tons of pink blooms. It lost a few branches from the heavy snow we had this winter, but I had hopes it would bounce back, since it was big and healthy. But now something has been chewing branches off it, and now it's just a stump with about 5 leaves. I am so ticked off it's not funny.

At first I blamed my dogs- I thought maybe they were running it over when they were free-for-alling across my yard. But I've kept them kenneled and watched them closely. They run over all my other plants, but they haven't been jumping around in my rhodies. I don't think it's deer. I have rosebushes and apple trees right nearby they would eat first. The damage is up too high for it to be rabbits. They don't climb, do they? So my theory right now is that it's squirrels. They chew off the branches and leave them on the ground next to the plant. They better look out, I'm coming for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment