Friday, April 24, 2009

Crazy Springtime

Something around here is making all the animals crazy. First I had that deranged squirrel chewing branches off my rhododendron (so far he's evaded capture), and now I have a wacko woodpecker.

Most every morning now, I wake up (way too early, by the way) to the woodpecker pounding on my roof. It's a metal roof, so I don't expect he'll get any food out of it. It doesn't really look like he's causing any damage either. But it's really loud and annoying. It vibrates my whole house. Even when he's on the other end, it vibrates the whole place. I'd liken it to being in a tin can with someone pounding on the outside.

The woodpecker is smart, too. When we sneak out to get him with the BB gun, he flies out of range until we go back inside. I bet he's laughing at us. I'll try to get a picture one of these mornings.

I think he's messing with us for fun. So much for sleeping in.

No comments:

Post a Comment